Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Movie idea

This isn't especially well developed in my mind just yet, but here's the gist:

It's a series of short episodes. Each episode is a modern retelling of familiar stories from the bible. Specifically the stories that put women in a bad light, i.e. Delilah, Eve, Mary Magdalene, the Queen of Sheeba, Salome, etc...

And here's the twist: Each story puts the female character's motives and actions in a more positive light, and all the settings are contemporary (places and problems).

I got the idea from Regina Spektor's song 'Samson' which I like a lot for some reason.

I haven't worked out any details of any of these stories just yet so suggestions might be helpful. However I do have a title: 'An Exultation of Doves' (that's what you call a group of doves by the way, like a gaggle of geese, and the imagery is self explanatory... pretty clever I know)

Feminists will probably go for it, and if it's cast with lots of really good looking women it could have some mass appeal.

No comments: